Thursday, April 29, 2010

Is life about getting notice?


Assalamualaikum to all my readers

it has been a while since the last time a write in English until one of my friends told me that she never knew that I sometimes write my blog in English. One truth that I can tell is that my English standards has definitely decreased since form 5. Maybe that is why I rarely write in English. Cause of the fear that felt when I started using English in my secondary school life.
But that is not the point that I am writing this post. It is just that I just heard the line "IS LIFE ABOUT GETTING NOTICE?"

There was a case that became a national news when a 17 year old National Service trainee admitted that he is "Yang Mulia Tuan Muda Pahang". Even one of the members of State Executive Council of Pahang and Director General of National Service Training Department are fooled by his lies. Like the Malay proverbs says "Sepandai-pandai tupai melompat,akhirnya jatuh ke tanah jua".It then became a laughing stock among the royal family of Pahang when the matter was addressed.

Why do anyone feel the need of doing that? Why are some people so desperate for attention from others? Even made up lies so that others will notice them. For me it is just pathetic. For me personally, why cannot you just be yourself? Being someone who you are who is not popular is better that being someone popular but not the real you. If they think that being noticed on each move that they make is exciting, they certainly did not see the big picture. In America, basketball players gets interview with just towels on them. Even Michael Jordan who is called "One of the Greatest Basketball Player of All Times" was stuck with fame that made him suffocated. He cannot even have a chance having a quiet, peaceful dinner outside. He is definitely an example of "a victim of his own fame". Is that what they want?Some even willing to do anything,I mean ANYTHING so that they can be on a cover of a magazine. Even if it mean by taking their shirts off.

Now being one of the Student Representative Council of UMP sometimes kinda hard not being noticed by the student. As a matter in fact, sometimes I am just grateful that there are some students who does not know who I am for what my post is. It is fine being noticed but not by everyone. I just wanna be me without being connected to post that I am but that is just impossible, right? That is life.

Life is more than being notice. It is to be enjoyed and no one deserved to take it away from you before you have the chance of living it.Except Allah.

0 comments: