Sunday, April 11, 2010

bacalah...

Salam sejahtera ke atas diri wahai bakal-bakal jenazah sekalian

In this entry I would like to share with all of you about one of my hobbies during leisure,time of stress and any other available time to it other than eating and sleeping.The hobby that I was referring to is READING!I love to read.I still remember when was I a child,I hate to read anything else except for comics.I have lots of comics collections like Ana Muslim, Detective Conan, Doraemon and Dragon Ball.But when I entered secondary school,I started to fall in love to novels because of my friends influence.At that time,Harry Potter movie was going berserk.Almost all my classmates were talking about it.After watching the first movie "Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone",it made me wanted to read the next book.So,the first novel that I read was "Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets".Now I have six books of Harry Potter collections in my room except for the first one.

I kept reading other book as well but I never add to my private collections anymore.Until I came to UMP.Here,my life changed 360'.I started my habit of reading to the max again.Since 8-9 month ago,I started to buy books again.Some is to deepen my knowledge and some is just for filling the blind spot of daily life.Today I bought "Solusi" magazine which discuss on reading. It says that most Muslim nowadays lack of motivation to read.Based on some research made,average number of books that a Malaysian read is only two books compare to a Japanese,40 BOOKS A YEAR!!!Subhanallah.How about us?How many books that we read a year and most importantly,how many messages that you received and practiced from the books you read?Astaghfirullah al 'azim(aku memohon keampunan dari Allah Yang Maha Hebat).How about myself?Is my knowledge that I gained through my reading parallel to my practices in my daily life?


"Bacalah.Dengan nama Tuhanmu yang menciptakan. Dia telah menciptakan manusia daripada segumpal darah.Bacalah.Dan Tuhanmulah Maha Mulia.Yang mengajarkan manusia dengan pena.Dia mengajar manusia apa yang tidak diketahuinya."(Surah Al-Alaq':1-5).


Here are some tips for you to build reading habit:
ALWAYS bring a book to wherever you go.
Set a TARGET,how many books would you like to read this year?
have a SPECIFIC TIME for you to read,at least 10-15 minutes
MAKE A LIST of books that you want to read
Find a place which make you COMFORTABLE
SEPARATE the books that have been read with the one have not
Make reading as a FUN activity
Become a "BOOK HUNTER"
Choose a GOOD READING MATERIAL



Ya Allah ya Tuhanku
Bukakanlah pintu hatiku
Dan isikannya dengan cahaya keilmuan
Serta semangat mencari untuk ilmu
Agar dapat aku manfaatkan ilmu itu dijalanMu
Terangi hatiKu dengan kalamMu agar aku sentiasa berada di kalangan hambaMu yang kau sayangi walaupun aku tahu,terlalu banyak dosaku padaMu

0 comments: